Guide how to install the most widely used applications for Ubuntu 13.10.
I often have to deploy my JAVA application to tomcat with HTTPS communication. There is simple step-by-step guide.
- Linux machine (Ubuntu 14.04 in my case)
- Installed and working Apache 2 HTTP server (http://localhost:80/ works in your browser)
- Installed Tomcat 7 server (http://localhost:8080/ works in your browser)
- Installed Oracle JAVA (JDK)
What we will do in the guide ?
- Generate self-signed certificate for server
- Install self-signed certificate to Apache
- Configure AJP connection between Apache and Tomcat at URL (https://localhost)
I often receive PDF files which contains some security enhancements like signatures or timestamps. For correct presentation I need Adobe Reader on my Linux OS.
Here is guide how can you install and configure Adobe Reader on Linux machine (in my case Linuxmint 17 and all Debian/Ubuntu derivatives)
I receive ZIP files which has been zipped on Windows machine often. If the zipped file contains only US characters, everything works well, but files with some special characters like “ěščřžýáíéú..” are corrupted.
There is solution how can you unzip file without corrupted encoding in file names.