I often have to deploy my JAVA application to tomcat with HTTPS communication. There is simple step-by-step guide.
- Linux machine (Ubuntu 14.04 in my case)
- Installed and working Apache 2 HTTP server (http://localhost:80/ works in your browser)
- Installed Tomcat 7 server (http://localhost:8080/ works in your browser)
- Installed Oracle JAVA (JDK)
What we will do in the guide ?
- Generate self-signed certificate for server
- Install self-signed certificate to Apache
- Configure AJP connection between Apache and Tomcat at URL (https://localhost)